Regulatory & Compliance Support
Are you involved with human subject or animal research? The Regulatory and Compliance Office at the College of Pharmacy can help you navigate the numerous institutional, state and federal requirements for conducting research at the University of Florida. We provide assistance with approvals and agreements to ensure your research complies with all applicable regulations and policies.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Our office can help you plan, prepare and submit documents related to study review, continuing review and study closure.
- Research Administration and Compliance (RAC)
Our office can help obtain confirmation of services and complete billing grids and study registration and initiation checklists.
- ClinicalTrials.gov registration and compliance
Our office can help you obtain your NCT number and maintain your study record on clinicaltrials.gov.
- Data Use, Data Transfer, and Material Use agreements
Let us help you coordinate and submit requests to the Office of Technology Licensing and Privacy Office.
- Academic Honors Submission Review
Our office reviews student requests for academic honors and publications to ensure the research is compliant and following IRB guidelines.
- Sponsor Data Sharing and Publication Requirements
We can assist with the submission of data and publications to public databases.
Ben Burkley, MS
Regulatory Research Manager
HPNP Room 3309
If you are planning to do research for Academic Honors, please complete the following form:
If you are requesting Epic Access, please complete the following form:
Requirements for participating in a research study:
Find out what training you need to complete by using the Research Training Utility: http://research.ufl.edu/rtu.html
In order to submit a protocol for review to the IRB you must complete the following steps:
1) Register with myIRB (our electronic IRB submission portal):
2) Complete the required IRB & RAC training:
3) For assistance with your IRB submissions be sure to add Ben Burkley to your study team in myIRB:
Trainings and Seminars:
Registration with myIRB and Regulatory and Compliance Q & A
IRB-01 Home Page:
Research Administration and Compliance:
Research Administration and Compliance Training:
Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC) data sharing requirements for U.S. funding agencies:
Notice of Proposed Rule Making Summary Document:
For more information about the Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) to the Common Rule, click this button: